Tuesday 24 November 2009

Music Magazine Analysis Two

Music Magazine Analysis Two



In this powerpoint, I labelled and analysed another music magazine called 'Rolling Stone.' In this presentation, I labelled the important points of a magazine and analysed it. I labelled the key terms and conventions of this music magazine. In this analyse, I wrote on each slide, the key terms and why I liked it. I then had a sepearate slide on why I don't like this music magazine.

For the masthead, I found that the name of the magazine 'Rolling Stone' stood out, due to the fact that the masthead was behind the model. As well as that, the masthead stands out as well as the coverline and the model, because of the black and white coloour scheme. Furthermore, the cover lines all relate to music artists and uses indirect language and uses formal language as it is presented in a formal and presentable way.

As you are able to see, I was able to label the main conventions which were inlcuded in a music magazine. I wrote about each key convention, and discuss the eye flow, the mode of address and the register by looking at the front cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment