Sunday 22 November 2009

Music Magazine Analysis



In this powerpoint, I labelled and analysed a music magazine called 'NME.' In this presentation, I labelled the important points of a magazine and analysed it. I labelled the key terms and conventions of this music magazine. In this analyse, I wrote on each slide, the key terms and why I liked it. I then had a sepearate slide on why I don't like this music magazine.

For the masthead, I found that the name of the magazine 'NME' stood out, and was unique due to the font and the colour scheme of the whole magazine. In this magazine, there was a variety of artists on the front cover, which could be a advantage as well as a disadvantage, as many readers will be interested however, some readers may not know all the artists and may dislike them. Overall, the magazine is unique and looks attractive and connects really well with the colour scheme.

However, there is a reason why I don't this magazine, is because the layout looks too random and too bold to look at.

On the analysis, I was able to label all the main and key conventions which I will use on my music magazine; as well as being able to write about each of the key convention. I also talked about the eye-flow of the front cover, as well as the mode of address and the register.

1 comment: