Wednesday 11 November 2009

Music Magazine Questionnaire

Inital Reseach



In this lesson, we were asked to create a questionnaire which we will give to at least 20 students to fill in. This questionnaire was created so then I get an overall feedback on what students like listening to, what their favourite artists are etc... This research will then help me when creating my music magazine as I will know what the students like and which is more popular and efficient for my music magazine. Here is a sample of my questionnaire.

I was able to create eight questions, in which I think will relate to me finding out who my target audience is. I asked many questions which will help me find out what type of music magazine people are looking for.

I asked the questions;

1. What type of music do you generally listen to?
I gave the options of four genres (R&B, Rock/Pop, Hip-Hop and Grime) which the participants where able to choose from.

2. Who is your favourite artist on the chosen genre above?
This is an open questions in which particpants are able to write which artist is their favourite.

3. Which colour scheme do you prefer?
I gave the particpants the choice of 6 colour schemess, (Red/Black/White, Blue, Pink, Green/Purple/White, Black/White and the option of other).

4. What type of article would you like to read?
This is a closed question, so then particpants will have to choose rather than them writng down what they like. I gave them the option of interviews, articles and cd review/music fashion.

5. Would you like this magazine to be?
This is also a closed question, giving the chose of weekly, fortnighly and monthly.

6. How much would you spend on this music magazine?
This is also a closed question, which particapnts can choose over £2.20- £2.60, £2.70-£3.10 and £3.20 +.

7. What font do you prefer for the Masthead on the front cover?
I gave the particpants the options of different fonts which inlcudes six different fonts.

8. What would be your most preferred magazine name based on the chosen genre above?
This is an open question so then participants are able to write what they would like as the music magazie masthead.

No comments:

Post a Comment