Wednesday 4 November 2009

Magazine Contents Page

This is a first draft of how I have started off creating my magazine contents page.



I have first started off creating all my text.

Masthead
For the Masthead from the front cover, I have used the same font 'Champagne and Limousines' to make it look the same as the front cover. However I have used a smaller size, as I have used size '90pt.' It is also in 'Regualar' and 'Bold' to make it satnd out. I have also used a backdrop of this, so then it will look exactly the same as the front cover by in a more smaller version. I have used a backdrop of the colour purple behind the black text. I then put the Masthead of the magzine name in the middle of the page.

Selling Line
For the selling line, I decided to put this is as well, because I believe a masthead isn't complete without a selling line underneath it. I also decided to keep it the same, with the font 'Lucida Calligraphy' and size '14pt.' I also put it in 'Italic,' 'Bold' and the colour 'Black' to make it look the same as before. I also placed the selling line in the middle, underneath the masthead.

Contents
I then wrote 'Contents' and placed it, in the same place as the masthead and selling line, but underneath, so then readers are aware of what the page is. I decided to use the font 'Broadway' and size '36pt' to make it stand out for the readers. I also chose to do it in 'Regular,' 'Bold' and the colour 'Black.' I have chosen all of these as I find that it will be much clearer and easier for the readers to read.

Main Headings
For the main headings such as: 'Cover Story, School Life, School Events, Sports,' I have decided to use the font 'Broadway' again and size '22pt.' It is also in 'Regular,''Bold' and the colour 'Black' to make it stand out and appeal to the audience. For these main headings, I have chosen to use a backdrop of the colour purple. I have carried on the purple theme, so then it connnects with both my magazine and my model on the front cover.

Sub-Headings/Page Numbers
Moreover, for the sub-headings and the page numbers from the contents page, I decided to carry on using the same font 'Broadway' but when down in size to '15pt' as it was not that important as the main heading but still is. Its also in 'Regular' as always,'Bold' to make it stand out and the colour 'Black' to make it readable and clearer.

Information Given
Underneath most of the sub-headings, I have written a short sentence about the sub-heading or what the magazine contains. For this, I have especailly changed the font to 'Monotype Corsiva' and to size '10pt' as I think it will look more attarctive and will stand out from the rest due to the different font used. I have chosen to use a backdrop of the colour purple. I have carried on the purple theme, so then it connnects with both my magazine and my model on the front cover and carries on to the contents page.

Lines
Lastly, I have placed in lines sectioning each sub-heading, so then readers will not get confused. For the line, I have used the font 'Broadway' and the size '10pt' as it connects with the other text on the page. I also carried on the colour scheme by using the colour purple to connect with both the front cover and the text which I have created so far on the contents page.

No comments:

Post a Comment