Thursday 5 November 2009

Final Magazine Contents Page

Final Magazine Contents Page



This is the final copy of my magazine contents page. From the other draft, I have made a few changes. One of the changes which I have done was that I deleted the 'Contents' as my teacher Mr Lau, suggested this as well as the readers will automatically know what the page is. Another change that I made, is I moved the selling line a bit to the right to make it look attractive and eye-catching to the readers. As well as that, I have moved all of my text more up and have spaced it out more equally to look more professionally towards the readers.

Afterwards, I have inserted the four images which I had taken before, which relates to my sub-headings. I inserted them by first opening up the pictures and one by one copying them and pasting them on the contents page. I have decided to out the image of the Sixth Form Building first, as this is about the 'Cover Story.' For this image, I editted this, as I saw some people on the far left hand side. To take them out of the picture, I used the 'Clone Tool' and held onto the 'shift' button and deleted what wasnt appropriate for this image.



As you can see, there were people in the image, so I editted them out.

I then decided to use the image of the sixth formers working as this relates to 'School Life' and how students can achieve the best results. Next, I chose to put the image of the sixth formers looking at the Blandford Street plaque as this connects to the sub-heading of 'School Events' and how the opening of the building was a success. Lastly, I put the image of the students playing sport on the bottom right hand corner on the right third, as the 'Sports' section was the last sub-heading and closely related to the picture inserted on the right.

Furthermore, after I had finished inserting the images, I wrote down the page numbers of each photo which it represents. For the Sixth Form Building, th page number was 3. The sixth formers working was page 11, the plaque was page 13 and finally the sports page was page 17.
To create these, I used the font 'Monotype Corsiva,' size 48pt' and 'Bold' so then it will look attractive. I first used the colour purple, but then I found out that it doesn't look eye-catching enough. To imrpove this, I used a backdrop of the colour white on all of the page numbers.

Finally, the last thing which I did, was put the actual page number of the contents page. As you can see as the bottom right hand corner in the right third, I have written 'page 1' as this is the first page. This is in the same font as the main pages which is 'Broadway,' and used size '11pt.' I also did it in 'Bold,' 'Regular' and the colour 'Black' so then it still sticks to the colour scheme and will look more clearer and eye-catching to read. I have also done all these changes and improvements so then the readers will find it easier to read and understand what the magazine contains.

No comments:

Post a Comment