Friday 16 October 2009

Layout Of Magazine Cover

Layout Of Magazine Cover



As you can see, before I made my magazine cover, I had to plan out where I would put the important key things on the magazine and have a rough idea what I should put there.

Dateline:
The dateline is on the left hand side and is above the Masthead. I have decided to put the dateline there, as it is important but not that much. I have written on the layout that I would use the font 'Arial' and size '22pt.'

Masthead:
The Masthead will be 'Aim High.' This will be written in 'black' and size '60pt.' I decided to put the Masthead at the top of the magazine so then it will be easier and clear for the audience to read.

Selling Line:
The Selling Line for this magazine will be 'And be where you wanna be...' I have decided to incorporate the word 'you' so then it will persuade and attract the students. This will be size '20pt,' font 'Arial' and will be in 'Italic.'

Main Image:
The main image of my magazine will be Melissa. I have decided to give Melissa a sideways pose, while she was holding, books, folders and maybe her bag. She is aldo smiling to give a good impression of the education.

Main Kicker & Explanatory Text:
The Main Kicker and Explanatory Text will be under the main image on the right hand side. I have decided to put this on the right hand side so then it will follow the eye order of the students (reading from the left to the right hand side of the magazine).

Kicker & Explanatory Text:
On the left hand side of the magazine, I will have another two kickers with explanatory text. I will make sure that the kickers will be relevant and relate to students as this is a student magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment