Friday 16 October 2009

Before & After Image of Melissa

Before




After



After I uploaded my main image for my magazine cover onto the computer I started to edit my image to make it more appropriate for my magazine cover.

I needed to make sure my image was the size of ‘A4’ for the magazine cover. I first opened the image of Melissa. To change the size, I went to File > and opened a ‘Blank New Window > Adjusted the size to ‘A4’ > Clicked on the image of Melissa > Select > All > Copy > Paste on a white document

I then noticed that the image of Melissa was too small and had a lot of white pace around her. Therefore, I held onto the ‘shift’ button and resized the image. I held onto the ‘shift’ button to make sure that my image doesn’t distort. After I fixed this, I started to edit my image.

Edit & Enhance Image:
Firstly, the image which I had, I duplicated the layer. I did this by right clicking on the layer and clicking ‘duplicate.’ Then I used the ‘Spot Healing Tool’ to take away spots or blemishes. Following on, I then clicked on Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur > and choose around 4-5 pixels which were around 2.7. After this, I used the ‘Rubber Tool,’ to take away any distinguishing features to make it stand out more. I used the ‘Rubber Tool’ on Melissa’s folders and her eyes and hair.

Secondly, I adjusted the lighting by clicking on Shadows/Highlights. I changed the shadows and increased the mid tone to make the lighting more realistic and effective.

Finally, to take away the shadow behind Melissa, I clicked on ‘Magnetic Lasso Tool’ and went around the image which I wanted to keep. > Select > Inverse > (On Layer 1 Copy) > Delete > (Layer 1) > Delete > Esc Key. I have done this to make Melissa stand out more and look more visual and clear. I also used ‘Hue/Saturation’ to adjust the colour of the image to make it look more appealing to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment