Friday 16 October 2009

First Draft of Magazine

First Draft of Magazine



After following my plan I found I had to make some slight changes such as moving the dateline to the left hand side of the magazine to make it look more attractive and appealing to the audience. I have also changed the size of the Masthead to ‘147pt’ and the font to ‘Champagne and Limousines.’ Furthermore, I changed the font of the selling line to font‘Lucida Calligraphy' and size ‘18pt.’ I have done this so then my magazine will look interesting and will stand out more. I have also changed the selling line to 'Italic' to make it look more eye-catching and unique. Moreover, I changed the two kickers into different fonts and sizes. I used size ‘38pt’ for the Kicker and font 'Eurofurence Light.' I also changed the explanatory text font into ‘Eurofurence Light’ as well and the size to ‘30.’ Lastly, the main Kicker and explanatory text changed as I thought of a more successful Kicker which will encourage students to read this magazine, as well as changing the font to ‘Copperplate Gothic Bold’ and the size to ‘48pt’ to make it stand out. I also changed the explanatory text to size ‘30pt’ and the font to ‘Eurostile’ to make it more eye-catching. Finally, I had changed it originally from black to white, so then it would stand out on the magazine.

I also changed the background colour to blue, to represent a connation of the blue sky. I did this by adding a new layer > using the palette colour to choose my colour > then I used the ‘Fill Tool’ to fill in my background. I chose the colour blue, as I believe it is a unisex colour and that it appeals to both males and females.

After this first draft I will need to evaluate and receive feedback in order to see what needs to be improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment