Monday 25 January 2010

Second Analysis of Double Page Spread



This is my second analysis of my double page spread. I have decided to chose the same music magazine called NME. I chose this magazine as this is the complete oppostie to the genre in what I am doing. This magazine appealed to me due to the colours and the style of it, as well as the type of genre, as I found it very fascinating to read about Lily Allen and do an analysis on her story.

I decided to chose NME, due to the fact that they are an established music magazine brand which everyone has heard of. NME is generally for the indie market as you are able to see from the images. The target market for this audience is people who are into indie/rock/hip-hop music. The type of language which is used in a specific articel found in the NME magazine, is colloquial and informal, as well as being direct.

In this article, there is a consistent colour scheme of black, white and red which is constanly used throughout the article as well as the magazine. The colour scheme is constistent thoughout as it looks more attarctive and relates to the theme of indie rock. The style of the text on the article is sans serif font, as this is more readable and stands out.

The article has many images and alot of body text. This is then done, to keep the reader occupied. The article is mainly based around the girl group of Girls Aloud and talks about how they became famous; thus is similar to the front cover due to the colour scheme used.

The eye flow starts from the left to the right coming back to the left, as this is how a magazine is generally read. As well as this, there are alot of main conventions included, which I will need to follow in order to create my double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment