Wednesday 6 January 2010

Music Magazine Advert



As I had spare time, I was asked to create an advert for my music magazine. I decided to used the brand Nike, as this is a well know brand to consumers. I took several images but chose one which I liked the most. I editted this on Adobe Photoshop and inserted the tick and the slogan for this, as well as having a small print to make it look appealing and eye-catching for the readers.

I first decided to find a model who will model for my advert, in this case I have chosen to use my cousin. As I decided to advertise Nike, I was able to inform my cousin to wear a Nike jacket as well as Nike trainers. I was also able to take as many pitures in different positions and different camera angles. After, taking all the pictures, I had narrowed it down to six images which I liked.

Afterwards, I was able to get feedback from my teacher, and with his help, I was able to choose the key image which I think will suit my advert the most. I decided to chose the full shot of the model, which is a side view. I was then able to open up Adobe Photoshop and pasted the image on a white document and resize it by holidng down the 'shift' button. This was done so then the image does not distort. Furthermore, I duplicated the layer and used the tool 'Magnetic Lasso Tool' to go over the model and delete any unnecessary parts which I don't need.

I then used the 'Clone Tool' to fill in the gaps on the models jeans, as well as using the 'Magnetic Lasso Tool' to remove any white space which was not needed. This was then followed on by going to Google and finding an image of the 'Swoosh' Tick and the 'Just Do It' slogan. I then copied and pasted this on Microsoft Word, as I was able to crop the image and separate the two images. I then pasted this on Adobe Photoshop and clicked the 'tick' button on the top toolbar so then the image doesn't distort. I was able to reszie the image; thus I made sure I held onto the 'shift' button.I then deleted the black background from this image by clikcing on Filter > Adjustments > Inverse.

However, when I pasted the image, there was a black box around the image. I deleted this by using the 'Magnetic Lasso Tool.' and deleted it on the Layer 1 and the Layer 1 copy. I was also able to move the image where I wanted it to be placed.I then got feedback and was told to make sure that I align the image. I also created a 'small print' and rotated it and placed it on the right third to make it look more professional and eye-catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment