Monday 7 December 2009

Music Magazine First Draft



I first opened the image of Taiena and Abi. File > Blank New Window > Adjusted the size to ‘A4’ > Clicked on the image of Taiena and Abi > Select > All > Copy > Paste on a White Document on Adobe Photoshop
I then noticed that the image was a bit too small for A4. To fix this, I held onto the ‘shift’ button and resized the image. I held onto the ‘shift’ button to make sure that my image doesn’t distort.

Edit & Enhance Image
Firstly, the image which i opened, i first duplicated the layer, by right clicking on layer 1 > supplicate. I then used the spot healing tool. I used this tool to remove any spots or blemishes from these two models. After doing this, I then clicked on Filter > Gaussian Blur > 8-9 Pixels. After doing this, i used the rubber tool to rub out what i wanted to be shown clearer. I used this tool so then both models would stand out more than the background and the audience will mainly focus on them. After this, i then changed the layer to Luminosity to give a more blurred effect on the background and made it 100%.

After editing my magazine, I started creating. I started creating my music magazine, by also looking back to my original mock up of this. The mock up helped me as I was able to already know where everything was placed as well as knowing the cover lines, so then I would not be stuck on it further down. I started creating the masthead first. On the masthead, I used a backdrop of the colour white. I have decided to choose the colour white and blue as these are the two main colours that my models are wearing. To create a backdrop, I first duplicated my layer, then coloured it in, in white, and then dragging the copied layer under the original layer on the right hand side. I then used the arrow keys to play around and created a deep backdrop. When down this, I was told it did not look right, so I changed it and toned it down a bit.

Afterwards, I did my selling line and my issue number/dateline. This is placed above my masthead, as I decided that it looked better and more attractive. I then started on my main cover line, which relates to both of models, to give model credit. The main cover line was about an interview between the two models. I then started creating my other cover lines which were placed on the left side of the left third. I stuck to the colour scheme of blue and white, to match my models. To stay with a main convention, I needed a barcode. For this, I looked on Google, to find one and copied and pasted this on my magazine. I resized it and held onto ‘shift’ so then my image doesn’t distort. I then rotated it 90’ anticlockwise and placed it on the bottom right tin the right third. Afterwards, I inserted a text box, and wrote £2.60, as this is how much I am pricing my music magazine. I then rotated this and placed it on my barcode.

Finally, I used the grid by clicking on View > Grid, to left aligned all my cover lines including my selling line to the left and right aligned the issue number/dateline and the main cover line including the explanatory text and the barcode to the right. I have done this, so then it will look more professional and will be easy to read for the readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment