Thursday 11 March 2010

Table of Contents



For my table of contents, I was able to use the cover lines in which I first started from. I used the cover lines from my fornt cover and added a few more, underneath each editorial pillar. I inserted an image of the front cover as this is a main convention in which music magazines use. I also inserted the main heading music magazine name 'Flava' and the 'Contents' so then readers are aware of this. I was also able to insert an image as well as offering readers a subscription offer.

When creating, my table of contents, I was able to follow my mock up, I was able to insert the image of my front cover on the top left third and having the name of the magazine on the contents page. I also put the 'Contents Page' so then readers are able to see what the page is and what the magazine consists off.

However I did not follow all the conventions which I wanted by looking at my mock up. As I did not follow my plan, I changed the whole layout of the table of contents to suit my needs and standards. I was able to insert a slug on the top of the contents page, as I realised this was a main convention in which most music magazines use. I also deleted the word 'page' from the 'contents page' as readers already know what the page is. I have also decided to use editorial pillars so then I am able to place my cover lines underneath the pillars to make it look more professional. I also changed the layout of the editorial pillar and decided to placce it in the right third to make it look more eye-catching.

Underneath each editorial pillar, I was able to insert at least four cover lines which are related to the magazine and the theme of R&B. I then inserted the selling line and placed it at the top right third and aligned it to the left.

Afterwards, I decided to change the positiong of the front cover image and placed it on the right and moved the titles 'Flava' and 'Contents' to the left third. I also moved all the editorial pillars and made sure that they are aligned with the two titles. I also moved the page numbers to the left and aligned them as well. I also changed the editorial letter by changing the font and size and insert the editors name at the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment